Quantitative and Statistical Research Methods
This user-friendly textbook teaches students to understand and apply procedural steps in completing quantitative studies. It explains statistics while progressing through the steps of the hypothesis-testing process from hypothesis to results. The research problems used in the book reflect statistical applications related to interesting and important topics. In addition, the book provides a Research Analysis and Interpretation Guide to help students analyze research articles.
Designed as a hands-on resource, each chapter covers a single research problem and offers directions for implementing the research method from start to finish. Readers will learn how to:
- Pinpoint research questions and hypotheses
- Identify, classify, and operationally define the study variables
- Choose appropriate research designs
- Conduct power analysis
- Select an appropriate statistic for the problem
- Use a data set
- Conduct data screening and analyses using SPSS
- Interpret the statistics
- Write the results related to the problem
Quantitative and Statistical Research Methods allows students to immediately, independently, and successfully apply quantitative methods to their own research projects.