Are you developing strategies for a future sustainable energy supply? Are you designing policies to deploy renewable energy technologies in your country? Are you looking for new tools and measures to make your policies more effective? Are you planning to make decisions on renewable energy investments in certain countries and are you checking their policy robustness?
Let the IEA guide you into successful, efficient and effective policies and decisions for accelerating deployment of renewable energy. Learn about the six policy actions that are essential ingredients for your policy portfolio:
- Alliance Building
- Target Setting
- Integration in economic policies
- Optimizing existing instruments and
- Neutralizing disadvantages on the playing field
This book shows why and how successful renewable energy strategies work. Many recent and actual examples of best cases and experiences in policies--based on literature and interviews--show how policies can best mobilize national and international renewable energy business and the financial institutions, while creating broad support. The book is an initiative of the IEA-RETD, an international agreement between nine countries to investigate and accelerate the deployment of renewable energy deployment.
- Presents you with a variety of policy options that have been proven to accelerate the deployment of renewable energy technologies
- Based on experiences around the world at the local, regional and national levels
- Includes the IEA's ACTION star, a decision-making tool for developing a consolidated renewables policy framework
- Find inspiration in this guide's depiction of the significant renewable energy developments to date and the many examples of successful policies featured