The purpose of Reclaiming National Sanity is to show precisely how to reclaim sanity in our nation through principle adherence application. The reclamation process is strictly voluntary and cannot and will not be forced on anyone. The trick is to do it in your own way and in your own time, but do it.
This is not a book about philosophy but a book regarding self-observation and practice that produces change, and which practices are needed for a specific change. The author is attempting to show that honesty, purity, unselfishness, and love, or dishonesty, impurity, selfishness, and unlovingness, are principal practices in daily affairs, not just intellectual philosophies.
A brief synopsis for reclaiming sanity follows:
- Recognize the need for change due to unmanageability
- Decide to adhere to the regenerative life principles and surrender the results of that practice over to God
- Amend damages done by past degenerative practices where possible, stop the current degenerative practices, and be accountable for doing so
- Continue to practice the regenerative principles, asking for help from our higher authority (God), and immediately set right any wrongs that may occur
- Help others who want to adopt this manner of living in their personal life and in their service to the government