The Official Companion Workbook for Reinventing the Supply Chain Life Cycle
• Helps you build crucial skills for managing every phase of the supply chain life cycle
• Provides extensive hands-on practice with key quantitative and methodological methods
• Extensive learning tools include many problems, solutions, and self-examination quizzes
• Integrates valuable content for ISM CPSM certification
Supply chains have complex life cycles that must be understood and managed at every stage, from introduction to growth, maturity to decline. In Reinventing the Supply Chain Life Cycle, leading supply chain innovators and researchers Marc J. Schniederjans and Stephen B. LeGrand have presented a complete framework for doing so. Now, in this accompanying Student Workbook, they provide the hands-on tools and practice students need to master this framework and put it to work. This Student Workbook guides students through using formulas, step-by-step procedures, and other quantitative or methodological methods they will need to manage supply chain life cycles. In most chapters, analytical computations are shown using Excel spreadsheet software. The Student Workbook also contains a complete set of pedagogical tools, including clear chapter objectives and summaries, self-examination quizzes, and many additional problems (some with solutions), all fully aligned with the original text, and designed to promote faster learning and deeper insight.
This up-to-date, hands-on study guide will help you master all aspects of recasting and improving global supply chains from creation to dissolution, while also preparing for professional certification and advanced degrees in the field. Fully aligned with the authors’ Reinventing the Supply Chain Life Cycle, it supports that book’s sophisticated life cycle framework by teaching essential tools and methods, and by offering extensive, highly realistic practice. Marc J. Schniederjans and Stephen B. LeGrand draw on decades of experience as supply chain instructors and leaders to illuminate all key concepts associated with their framework. Augmenting their original book, they provide formulas, step-by-step procedures, and other quantitative methodologies for successfully executing on their approach. Extensive self-assessment quizzes, problems, examples, and solutions help you learn specific skills you will need to manage your own supply chain life cycles through creation, growth, maturity, and decline.
Features and Benefits of This Student Workbook:
• Clear chapter objectives and summaries help you learn and review faster
• True/false and multiple-choice quizzes prepare you for classroom exams
• Example analytical computations are shown using familiar Excel spreadsheet software
• Assignment problems can be used for learning or homework
• Itemized Points of Further Interest highlight key supply chain issues and trends
• Additional methodological and procedural problems/solutions help you learn by example
• Integrated content supports ISM Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) certification