Review of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, Tenth Edition
Publication date: May 2008
Digital Book format: ePub (Adobe DRM)
1 user rated this ebook - write a review
of Review of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, Tenth Edition
Ace the USMLE Step 1 and course exams with the most concise, easy-to-use, and frequently updated medical microbiology and immunology review!
""...an excellent resource for students as well as residents looking for a reference to aid them during their rotations....There are many microbiology review books aimed at students getting ready for national board exams. This book surpasses many of those in terms of basics and, especially, clinical relevance. The quick reference section as well as the hundreds of USMLE-type questions makes this a very solid and complete study companion. 3 Stars.""--Doody's Review Service
To put your preparation for USMLE Step 1 and course exams on the fast track, only one resource will do: Review of Medical Microbiology and Immunology. Completely updated throughout, the Tenth Edition presents a high-yield review of the basic and clinical aspects of bacteriology, virology, mycology, parasitology, and immunology.
Equally importantly, the book also emphasizes the real-world clinical application of microbiology and immunology to infectious diseases. One look, and you'll see why it's the definitive microbiology course and exam quick review!
Everything you need to thoroughly and rapidly prepare for the exam:
- The most frequently updated microbiology review available--one that enhances your understanding of the clinical relevance of microbiology
- Over 600 sample questions to test your knowledge
- A complete USMLE-style exam with case-based questions
- Review questions and case studies to reinforce essential material
- Summaries of important microorganisms
- Summary tables that emphasize the need-to-know aspects of infectious diseases
- Basic science pearls that summarize fundamental concepts
- Information-packed tables and figures
- NEW! Chapter on Ectoparasites, such as scabies mites, lice, nits, and spider bites
- New! Insert of 70 color images, including Gram stains, bacteriological lab tests, viral electron micrographs and inclusion bodies, fungal stains, and protozoan and worm micrographs