The first hands-on programming guide for today's robot hobbyist
Get ready to reach into your programming toolbox and control a robot like never before! Robot Programmer's Bonanza is the one-stop guide for everyone from robot novices to advanced hobbyists who are ready to go beyond just building robots and start programming them to perform useful tasks.
Using the versatile RobotBASIC programming language, you'll discover how to prototype your creative ideas using the integrated mobile robot simulator and then port your finished programs to nearly any hardware/software configuration. You can even use the built-in wireless protocol to directly control real-world robots that can be built from readily available sensors and actuators. Start small by making your robot follow a line, hug a wall, and avoid drop-offs or restricted areas. Then, enable your robot to perform more sophisticated actions, such as locating a goal, sweeping the floor, or navigating a home or office. Packed with illustrations and plenty of inspiration, the unique Robot Programmer's Bonanza even helps you “teach” your robot to become intelligent and adapt to its behavior!
Everything you need to program and control a robot!
- In-depth coverage of the RobotBASIC simulator as well as how it can be used to control real-world robots either directly or through the integrated wireless protocol
- A companion website with a FREE download of the full version of the RobotBASIC robotic simulator and control language
- Remote control algorithms as well as autonomous behaviors
- Integrated debugger facilitates program development
- Appendices that detail RobotBASIC's extensive commands and functions as well as the integrated programming environment
- Adaptable and customizable programs that solve realistic problems-use simulations to prototype robots that can mow a yard, deliver mail, or recharge a battery, then port your algorithms to real-world robots
- Chapters devoted to creating contests with RobotBASIC and utilizing RobotBASIC in the classroom to teach programming