"Ruthless Execution focuses on today's #1 business leadership challenge: managing adversity while preparing your company for a rebirth of success. Amir Hartman identifies the central ingredients that help companies get beyond the wall to thrive--and demonstrates exactly how to instill these ingredients in your organization.
You'll learn when and how to strategically recalibrate and balance performance and growth; new ways to promote accountability; how to use performance metrics without burying your people in trivia; and how to promote real discipline without creating bureaucracy. You'll also discover which critical capabilities are keys to performance breakthroughs.
Along the way, the author presents case studies of leading companies that have used these strategies to overcome stalled performance. Baxter, Novartis, Honeywell, IBM, Cisco, and more--all different, yet all unified by one common element: ruthless execution.
- What to do when you ""hit the wall""--Beyond ""rude awakenings"" to effective action--and new success
- Seeing the realities for what they are--Accurate, objective assessments of your enterprise and your marketplace
- Breaking through to new growth: three core strategies--Strategies based on productivity, talent management, and M & As
- Ruthless execution at work--Leadership, strategy, cost control, governance, and more
- Cisco: Surviving catastrophe and trying to come back stronger--Retaining market dominance through the dot.com/telecom collapse
- Mass layoffs and other sure-to-fail strategies--What doesn't work--and what to do instead
Using adversity to lay the groundwork for breakthrough success
- What to do when growth slows, innovation stalls, and times get tough
- Coping with rude awakenings: strategic recalibration and tactical excellence
- New insights from IBM, Cisco, Honeywell, GE, Novartis, Baxter, and beyond
- By Amir Hartman, author of the global business bestseller Net Ready
What happens when yesterday's growth strategies and business models stop working?
Most companies that ""hit the wall"" never get past it. But a rare few have discovered the secrets of recharging growth and innovation. Ruthless Execution shows how to apply the lessons they've learned to engineer your own resurgence.
It's about taking stock of where you really stand, choosing the best strategy for renewal, and executing on that strategy with unprecedented clarity and tenacity.
It's about leadership, values, and governance. It's about cost control, productivity, and priorities. Above all, it's about doing what great companies like IBM, Novartis, Baxter and Cisco have already done or are in the midst of doing again: getting beyond adversity to breakthrough success."