Learn the essentials of sailing and seamanship from one of the world’s premier boating organizations
Since 1978, Sailing Skills and Seamanship has been the required manual for students in the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary’s esteemed sail-training programs. Now this exclusive handbok is available for the first time to every beginning and intermediate sailor. It is your thorough introduction to recreational sailing’s fundamentals, from choosing the right sailboat to knowing the rules of the nautical road and everything in between.
Discover the answers to all your questions on:
- Essential equipment, both required and recommended
- Docking and anchoring
- Sailing fundamentals
- Tuning your sailboat’s rigging for best performance
- Knots, splices, and line handling
- Operating and maintaining outboard or inboard engines
- Navigation and the rules of the nautical road
- Boat handling and seamanship on coastal and inland waters
- Trailering a sailboat
- Marine weather and marine communications
- And much more!
Approved by the National Association of State Boating Law Administrators (NASBLA), with chapter review questions and answers, Sailing Skills and Seamanship is the ideal study and reference guide for honing your sailing skills and expanding your seamanship knowledge.