Semantic Web technology is already changing how we interact with data on the Web. By connecting random information on the Internet in new ways, Web 3.0, as it is sometimes called, represents an exciting online evolution.
Whether you’re a consumer doing research online, a business owner who wants to offer your customers the most useful Web site, or an IT manager eager to understand Semantic Web solutions, Semantic Web For Dummies is the place to start! It will help you:
- Know how the typical Internet user will recognize the effects of the Semantic Web
- Explore all the benefits the data Web offers to businesses and decide whether it’s right for your business
- Make sense of the technology and identify applications for it
- See how the Semantic Web is about data while the “old” Internet was about documents
- Tour the architectures, strategies, and standards involved in Semantic Web technology
- Learn a bit about the languages that make it all work: Resource Description Framework (RDF) and Web Ontology Language (OWL)
- Discover the variety of information-based jobs that could become available in a data-driven economy
You’ll also find a quick primer on tech specifications, some key priorities for CIOs, and tools to help you sort the hype from the reality. There are case studies of early Semantic Web successes and a list of common myths you may encounter. Whether you’re incorporating the Semantic Web in the workplace or using it at home, Semantic Web For Dummies will help you define, develop, implement, and use Web 3.0.