If you were to analyze your team’s performance on a typical project, you’d be surprised how much time is wasted on non-productive tasks. This hands-on guide shows you how to work more efficiently by organizing and managing projects with SharePoint 2010. You’ll learn how to build a Project Management Information System (PMIS), customized to your project, that can effectively coordinate communication and collaboration among team members.
Written by a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) and Microsoft SharePoint MVP with 15 years of IT project management experience, each chapter includes step-by-step guides as well as workshops that help you practice what you learn.
- Build a SharePoint PMIS that requires little assistance from your IT/IS department
- Define access permissions for project stakeholders and team members
- Centralize project artifacts and keep track of document history with version control
- Track project schedules, control changes, and manage project risks
- Automate project reporting and use web parts to generate on-demand status reports
- Integrate project management tools such as Excel, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Apply your knowledge of PMIS techniques by working with a case study throughout the book
"If you are a project manager looking for a technology-based, easily implemented, and usable solution for project communications, document management, and general project organization, this book is for you!"
–Susan Weese, PgMP, President and Founder, Rhyming Planet