Solution Focused Anxiety Management provides the clinician with evidence-based techniques to help clients manage anxiety. Cognitive behavioral and strategic tools, acceptance-based ideas, and mindfulness are introduced from a solution-focused perspective and tailored to client strengths and preferences.
The book presents the conceptual foundation, methods, and attitudes of a solution-focused approach. Case examples illustrate how to transform anxiety into the "Four Cs" (courage, coping, appropriate caution and choice). Readers learn how to utilize solution focused anxiety management in single-session, brief, and intermittent therapy as well as in a class setting.
The book additionally includes all materials needed for teaching solution focused anxiety management in a four-session psychoeducational class: complete instructor notes, learner readings, and companion online materials.
- Focuses on what works in anxiety management
- Presents evidenced based techniques from a solution-focused perspective
- Increases effectiveness by utilizing client strengths and preferences
- Describes applications in single session, brief, and intermittent therapy
- Supplies forms and worksheets for the therapist to use in practice
- Features clinically rich case examples
- Supplements text with online companion material
- Suitable for use as a treatment manual, reference, or course text
- Offers a solution-focused anxiety treatment
- Focuses on anxiety management, not "elimination"
- Translates the program to individual therapy
- Presents patient exercises and case examples
- Includes guide for teaching/learning this therapeutic technique