The SQL Server High Availability Solution Guide helps database designers and systems engineers implement targeted server redundancy solutions. This guide provides step-by-step guidance for implementing the following solutions: failover clustering, log shipping, log shipping with network load balancing, transactional replication, transactional replication with network load balancing, stretch clusters, and remote mirrors for achieving high availability. Step-by-step guidance is also provided for failing over to or changing the role of a redundant server.
This book covers the following topics:
- Implementing Failover Clustering
- Implementing Log Shipping
- Implementing Transactional Replication
- Implementing Network Load Balancing (NLB)
- Implementing Remote Clustering