Still Procrastinating: The No Regrets Guide to Getting It Done
Publication date: August 2010
Digital Book format: PDF (Adobe DRM)
Find out why you put things off-and learn to conquer procrastination for good!
"What if I make a bad decision?" "What if I fail?" "I'm better under pressure." There are all sorts of reasons people procrastinate. What are yours? This book draws on scientific research on procrastination conducted over more than twenty years by the author and his colleagues, to help you learn what stops you from getting things done so that you can find the solutions that will really work.
Contrary to conventional wisdom, chronic procrastination is NOT about poor time management, but about self-sabotaging tendencies that can prevent you from reaching your full potential. This book gives you the knowledge and tools you need to understand and overcome these tendencies so you can start achieving your goals-not next week, next month, or next year, but TODAY!
- Exposes the hidden causes of procrastination, including fear of failure, fear of success, and thrill-seeking
- Identifies types of procrastinators and helps determine which type describes you
- Shares surprising information on how factors such as technology and the time of day affect procrastination
- Examines specific issues related to putting things off in school and at work
- Shares more than twenty years of research on the causes and consequences of chronic procrastination
- Written by a psychologist who is an international expert on the subject of procrastination
Are you still procrastinating? This take-charge guide will help you stop making excuses and start transforming your life-right now!