Become the go-to substitute teacher that every school district is searching for.
Ask any school administrator: a top-notch substitute teacher is golden, and this book gives you the Midas touch. Substitute Teaching from A to Z is a one-stop resource, whether you’re a full-timer, just breaking in, or starting out as a career educator. Reinforced with true life tales from real substitute teachers and the stories of how they solved their biggest challenges, this book is a comprehensive guide written by a veteran teaching expert who specializes in training subs.
You'll learn insider tricks on how to:
- Show school administrators you have the right stuff for the job
- Choose the most appropriate grades, subjects, and school districts for you
- Forge great relationships with everyone you work with
- Land the best classroom assignments
- Face a new class with confidence
- Maintain discipline, work without a lesson plan, and much more