Install, organize, and use fonts with ease in Leopard!
In this essential ebook, long-time Mac author Sharon Zardetto reveals all the details about how fonts work in Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard. She explains what folders your fonts reside in, in what order they load, and how to deal with font duplication. You'll also learn the ins and outs of different font installation methods; how to use Font Book to manage, validate, and organize fonts; how to make the most of character-rich Unicode fonts; and more. Whether you work in a font-intensive profession, use Unicode fonts for non-Roman languages, or want to wrangle the numerous fonts that have ended up on your Mac, you need this ebook.
Read this ebook to learn the answers to questions such as:
- What's new with fonts and Font Book in Leopard?
- What types of fonts can I use with Leopard?
- Which fonts can I remove from my system safely?
- How can I best organize the fonts stored on my Mac?
- How can I figure out what characters are available in a Unicode font?
- What is the logic and organization for Adobe's various CS products?
- How are fonts from Microsoft Office 2004 and 2008 stored?
- How should I handle fonts from Apple's iLife and iWork suites?
- How can I minimize font trouble when sharing documents across platforms?
- What aspects of using fonts have changed between Mac OS X 10.5 and 10.5.5?