Make your mark your way!
Every artist seeks to stand apart from the crowd. But how? Let author Carmen Torbus inspire you to new creative highs in this collection of hands-on techniques and heartfelt stories from 16 artists who have worked through their own artistic struggles and stalls to emerge triumphant, with looks uniquely their own.
Whether art is new to you, or you have been at it awhile and are having trouble discovering your own style, this encouraging book will guide you to experiment with different mediums, techniques and possibilities to make a mark that is exclusively yours. Inside you'll find:
Embrace who you are and find out what defines you as an artist. Make your art far from ordinary - become the artist UNIQUE!
- 17 of the artists' favorite mixed-media techniques shown step by step, with suggestions for how to make them your own
- Beautiful finished art illustrating how individual artists use and combine these techniques in their own work
- Easy worksheets to help reveal your artistic skills, strengths and preferences
- A quick-start guide to various mediums, mark makers and creative paraphernalia
- Lots of tips and advice for putting yourself into your art