The summer stretches ahead of you and you want to make the most of it but don't know where to begin. The Book of Summer comes to the rescue with pleasurable and entertaining suggestions for those halcyon days. From the cool breezes of the beginning of the season, through its heady midsummer days and up to the final lazy moments of warmth before autumn, there are ideas aplenty, including:
- how to whip up dishes to eat al fresco for the first picnic of the year
- how to catch glow worms
- suggestions for midnight walks
- tips for organizing a street party
- when to make a splash in the cool water, whether lounging at the lido or night swimming under the stars
- how to capitalize on the good weather by growing your own summer food
As well as practical tips there are evocative quotes and facts about summer scattered throughout the book, with attractive black and white line illustrations.