For single parent families as well as those with two working parents, organising formal childcare can seem complicated and daunting. How are you to navigate your way through all the options available, work out what you can afford and plan all this around you or your partner returning to work?
In The Childcare Bible Lucy Martin offers clear, comprehensive guidance on the world of nannies, nurseries, childminders, and much more. As an ex-solicitor, working mother of three children and owner of a successful nanny-finding business Lucy is excellently placed to give you the best advice on how to negotiate the childcare minefield. Having interviewed parents across the country to ensure the widest range of concerns and issues are covered, The Childcare Bible tells you everything you need to know, including:
- What types of childcare are available and what they each offer
- How to evaluate a childcare provider or childcare setting
- What financial support you can get and how it works
- How to interview nannies and the relevant employment law issues
- How to decide whether returning to work is right for you
- What your rights are on returning to work
With checklists and case studies, this essential guide sets out the pros and cons, costs and implications of all available options. Accompanied by a regularly updated website containing the latest legal changes affecting childcare, The Childcare Bible makes organising the right childcare for your family a painless task.