The Closet Devil PDF (Adobe DRM) download by Anthony Pour

The Closet Devil

Marlborough Publishing
Publication date: July 2010
ISBN: 9780615285955
Digital Book format: PDF (Adobe DRM)

Buy PDF

List price:
$14.95
Our price:
$10.99

You save: $3.96 (26%)
GET THIS EBOOK
FOR FREE!
Join our Facebook sweepstake, share and
get 10 likes. Winners
get notified in 24H!
It might be the Devil's doing that history keeps repeating itself. It seems that the less priority is given to history in American schools, the greater the number of young adults who believe that what is coming down on this great, once mighty American empire is something unheard of. The Intercollegiate Studies Institute's National Civic Literacy Board, for instance, puts the number of Americans who would fail a basic history test at 71 percent, while fewer than 4 percent would score a B or above. So, based on these numbers, it is reasonable to presume that what the remaining 96 percent know about the extinct mighty empires of the past is what they learned from simple-minded Hollywood epics. Only a few rare students of historical facts may still realize that it was not the titillating sexual depravity, intrigue and murder inside imperial palaces (that sells movie tickets), but the largely ignored epidemic of entitlement mentality in the streets that had over the centuries put an end to the glory and prosperity of grand empires-an epidemic that had throughout history turned great nations into impoverished hordes groveling on their knees for the coming of a Messiah. But to prove that point, it is not at all that necessary to go as far back as Babylon and the Roman Empire. The last couple of decades alone hold more than enough indications of the current, modern empires' tendency to going down in flames. I only had to pick-perfectly at random-thirteen examples of the volatile foibles of human nature to prove that the mankind's notorious suicidal tendencies have one common denominator: stupidity as the cause, common sense and a truckload of humor as a redemption. "There are tons of novels available, but the ability to write a singularly perfect story is rare. That's why I especially enjoyed Anthony Pour's work because in just a few pages he takes you into the lives of the characters he creates, gives you a sense of where they are, and then, at the end, never fails to surprise you. Pour is equally at home writing about ordinary folk or the rich and famous. It is their human weaknesses that interest him and there are plenty to satisfy his wicked sense of humor that will thoroughly entertain you." -- Alan Caruba, Bookviews
Please sign in to review this product.
Format:
Devices:
The Closet Devil PDF (Adobe DRM) can be read on any device that can open PDF (Adobe DRM) files.

File Size:
1553 Kb
Language:
ENG
Copy From Text:
Disabled.
Printing:
Disabled.
Recently Viewed Products