Western society is experiencing an epidemic of type 2 diabetes, almost entirely as a direct consequence of obesity. Until quite recently, type 2 diabetes was known as 'mature-onset diabetes', but recent cases have shown that children as young as ten are now suffering from the disease. Diabetes can cause blindness, restriction of mobility, pain, kidney failure and coronary thrombosis and is a truly devastating disease.
Succinct and easy-to-understand, The Diabetes Revolution:
- Outlines the basis of diabetes, the medical effects of the disease and the complications that can arise
- Describes the medical reasons why a person is overweight
- Includes typical case studies where lifestyle changes produced dramatic results
- Offers easy-to-prepare low-GI recipes that have proven success in diabetic management
- Outlines specific structured dietary advice with suggested menu plans
The Diabetes Revolution is the most comprehensive, practical system yet developed for the control of diabetes and is written by a leading authority on diet and diabetes.