The Gift: Christian Foundations & Personal Growth Manual, Volume 1
The Gift has been used effectively, both as an individual manual and on a group basis. It is a discipleship manual with studies (which may be photocopied) at the end of each chapter for group discussion. Some of the things covered are:
- The gift of salvation – Is it based on what we do for God, or what He has done for us?
- The power of identity – Is it what we do that determines who we are, or who we are that will determine what will we do?
- How do we align our thinking with our new status?
- Who are you? Sinner or saint? Or both? Does salvation produce schizophrenic converts, or a new creation?
- The four major keys to living in victory over sin.
- What is the flesh?
- What is the difference between a natural person, a carnal person and a spiritual person?
- What is the world and what is our relationship to it now?
- Know your enemy. Who is Satan and how do we resist him?
- The armor of God and spiritual warfare.
- Abiding in the true Vine. Are we Christ-dependent or codependent?
- How to discover your gift. 7 biblical principles that will help you discover your ministry gift.
- Is the baptism in the Holy Spirit primarily meant to make us happy, or fruitful?
- Passing the baton on. How to make disciples of others using the truths found in this manual.
This manual has helped many to get firmly established in their Christian lives. For example:
“The Gift is unreal. We did the study on ‘Overcoming The Flesh’ at Cell Group last night. It makes such a difference when you understand the foundational stuff like that” Carla McMartin – Tallai, Queensland, Australia
“The Gift has given those that have been through the course a whole new way of approaching their Christianity. It is a great joy when you see people’s faces light up when understanding dawns on them. That is what this course, The Gift, has done. It has changed lives. I greatly recommend this course to every pastor, cell group leader, etc.” Pastor Paul McGovern, Bellingen Christian Life Centre, NSW Australia
“I highly endorse The Gift It excels any resources on foundational teaching that I have seen in 20 years of ministry. We have made it compulsory study before entering any ministry position” Pastor Jill Knights, Freedom Ministries, Apostolic Church, Wangaratta, VIC Australia
“The Gift has been a vital tool in our youth ministry. It has provided us with many clear and easy to understand illustrations that have assisted us in ministering with our youth & young adults. It is both easy to understand and enjoyable reading” Jason & Courtney Bowen. Youth Leaders, Grace Christian Church, Queensland Australia