It's important to your health and that of your baby to get the nutrients you need and avoid the chemicals you don't. Plus, you want to help preserve the safety of the planet now that you're bringing a child into the world. But what should you do and where can you start?
The Green Pregnancy Diet makes it easy to adapt green eating habits by providing the tips and tools you need. The fundamentals of a green diet are discussed, in addition to detailed nutritional guidelines during pregnancy and ideas for removing toxins from your kitchen. Also included are more than 20 easy, tasty and healthy recipes designed to both provide optimal nutritional value and satisfy your food cravings. All of the recipes are environmentally friendly-they use vegetarian, organic, whole grain ingredients without processed sugar or chemical additives-so you'll be making a positive impact as you dig in and eat!
In the book you will find:
- Description of a non-toxic, environmentally-friendly diet
- USDA and FDA-based nutritional guidelines for pregnancy
- Easy, nutritious, flavorful recipes
- Organic, vegetarian ingredients with dairy-, gluten-, nut- and wheat-free options
- Tips for creating a green kitchen