The Must-Have Mom Manual: Two Mothers, Two Perspectives, One Book That Tells You Everything You Need to Know
Random House Publishing Group
Publication date: April 2009
Digital Book format: ePub (Adobe DRM)
Whether it is bottle- or breast-feeding, cribs or co-sleeping, getting back to the office or staying home with the kids, best friends Sara Ellington and Stephanie Triplett, the team behind the popular book and radio show The Mommy Chronicles, rarely choose the same option. Lucky for us, in The Must-Have Mom Manual, they discuss the pros and cons of every aspect of child raising, from pacifiers to potty training, bedtimes to birthday parties, day care to Disney World.
Their philosophy is simple: There is no one right way to be a mom. Sara and Stephanie just want to make every mother's life easier. So, with a healthy dose of humor, they share their parenting triumphs and disasters, marital challenges, public meltdowns, and all the knowledge they’ve gained as authors and radio show hosts, with hundreds of tips for moms everywhere.
• 10 things not to feel guilty about-because every mother feels bad about something
• Answers for new moms about leaving the house with baby for the first time, postpartum depression, accepting help, car seats, and dining out with baby
• Sticky parenting decisions-including the consensus on little white lies, family nudity, "correcting" homework, and leaving your child in the car (just for a second)
• Managing your household and how to conquer the clutter with special strategies for organizing every room in your home
• Products for moms, the best mom-gear, cleaning products-including technology, gadgets, stores, and places to take the kids
• Marriage 911, sleep or sex?, how to keep the home fires burning-plus four people who can sabotage your sex life
Covering "all things Mommy," Sara and Stephanie are real mothers delivering real insights, with real laughs, as they tackle and celebrate the challenges and drama of motherhood in the best, easiest, most mom-friendly guide to life with kids today.
From the Trade Paperback edition.