In the teachings of Jesus, there are prayers, and then there is prayer-the silent, loving communion with the divine, beyond words or ritual. With Father Thomas Keating's book Open Mind, Open Heart, hundreds of thousands discovered the transformative power of Centering Prayer as a form of Christian meditation. Now, with The Path of Centering Prayer, Keating's senior student, friend, and advisor David Frenette reveals the profound depths of this practice, making it easier for meditators to deepen their connection with God.
Beginning and experienced practitioners alike will benefit from this fresh voice, at once eloquent and clear, as they explore:
- The key insights and principles of Centering Prayer
- Guided instruction in the sacred word, sacred breath, and sacred glance practices
- Gentleness and openness: the way of letting go and letting be
- Experiencing a deeper sense of God in meditation and in everyday life
- Many other contemplative practices and teachings founded upon the wisdom of Fathers Thomas Keating and Thomas Merton
Has your spiritual path grown routine or unfulfilling, or is it at a crossroads for new discovery? For all Christians who seek to move closer into the presence of the divine, The Path of Centering Prayer offers guidance in this rewarding and time-honored meditation practice, to help break through obstacles and illuminate the way.