"This guide is direct and practical. You will find out exactly where you are weakest in knowledge so that your studying can be most directed. I exceeded the NASP passing score AND the national average on my first try at the praxis 400 exam-- using this book as my 'Bible' (and I am "only" a Specialist level sch. psych)."
"[I] used this book and passed with a 720. [I]t's straightforward, and the practice test was useful -- recognized several questions on the actual exam from the practice test."
"This book was very helpful in preparing for the Praxis II: School Psychology Test. It not only gave general studying guidelines, but also went through bullet points of all of the most important information to study for each section of the test."
Fully updated, this concise and easy-to-use guide gives students preparing to take the PraxisTM Test in School Psychology--required for licensure by most US states and the National Association of School Psychologists--an accessible content review with two complete sample exams. The guide encompasses all of the content areas appearing on the exam-Data-Based Decision Making, Research-Based Academic Practices, Research-Based Behavioral and Mental Health Practices, Consultation and Collaboration, Applied Psychological Foundations, and Legal, Ethical, and Professional Foundations. Review content is presented concisely and efficiently, allowing students to focus on the most relevant information. Written by a practicing school psychologist and field-tested with school psychology students, the guide describes the test in a conversational and accessible style and offers helpful tips on how best to study for and take the exam. This Second Edition has been expanded and updated to include:
- New legal considerations that directly impact the practice of school psychology
- Coverage of Response to Intervention (RTI)
- New assessment procedures
- Current developments in school neuropsychology issues
- New intervention practices
- Updated practice exams with new questions that reflect recent exam changes
- An in-depth answer key providing rationales for correct and incorrect answers
- New sidebars with insider tips and pointers
- An eBook encompassing interactive practice exams with scoring