This is a long-awaited history of one of Metro Toronto's most historic churches, St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church, Scarborough, founded in 1818. This publication records the many memorable individuals to fill its pulpits and pews as well as stories of its associations, buildings and community anecdotes.
The story of St. Andrew's is also very much a history of Scarborough and of the pioneer families who settled the area. The church has figured prominently in the development of Scarborough since David Thompson made available a generous gift of land for a "Scotch Kirk." Today the remains of many of the original builders of Scarborough rest in graves marked by ancient monuments in the well-maintained "Kirkyard."