The city of Athens is a picturesque, quintessential southern town in north central Alabama, full of folklore and history. The town may also have more ghost stories per capita than any other town in the South. This book collects, for the first time, the best ghost stories that Athens has to offer. You'll read about:
* the frenzied spirits that beat on the windows of town square buildings in their attempt to escape an 1893 inferno;
* the phantom grandfather clock in the George S. Houston Library and House that chimes but cannot be found;
* the lonely ghost of Founders Hall whose lantern light travels from window to window as she searches for her lost love;
* the forlorn spirit of the Vasser-Lovvorn Home whose recurring screams from the attic pierce the night;
* the ghost child of the Donnell House who was frightened to death by Union soldiers during the Civil War invasion of the town;
* and many more.