Emir Caner, converted Sunni Muslim and coauthor of the bestselling Unveiling Islam, joins apologist John Ankerberg, host of the powerhouse John Ankerberg Show, to provide a helpful resource for informed Muslim—Christian interaction.
Immersed in the Islamic worldview as the son of a devout mosque leader, Caner gives readers the real picture of women under Islam. He and Ankerberg delve under the claims of Muslim apologists and open readers’ eyes to…
- the conditions of near–slavery women suffer in many Islamic cultures
- the contempt for women found in the Qu’ran
- Muhammad’s ambivalence toward females
- the dehumanizing double standard regarding men’s and women’s sexual behavior
- the problems with judging Islam by considering only North American Muslims
Finally, Ankerberg and Caner leave no doubt why, in the light of history, Christianity is the truly radical religion regarding the treatment and status of women. A great source for understanding and discussion.