Randy Vincent's second Sher Music Co. book covers every aspect of the crucial three-note voicings every guitarist needs to know. It has received glowing endorsements from Pat Metheny, Jim Hall, Mike Stern, Ben Monder, Vic Juris, Gene Bertoncinni, Julian Lage, etc. Three-Note Voicings and Beyond is for everyone from intermediate newcomers to jazz guitar to very advanced players. The book develops a unique dynamic concept of harmony where three independently moving lines team up to create beautiful harmonies that are valuable for comping, chord melodies and chordal jazz improvisations. Topics include:
- Three-note shell voicings and special derived comp voicings
- Compete triad review including all close and open inversions on all strings
- A section on developing walking guitar voicings, harmonized bass lines perfect for accompaniments in situations where no bass or keyboard is present
- Sections on triad applications such as slash chords, upper structures, hexatonic triad-pairs and special hybrid voicings
- Quartal and secundal voicings perfect for modal comping and soloing
- Drop-2 reductions perfect for melody harmonizations
- A complete method to develop a realistic simulation of Shearing-style block-chord voicings on guitar.
- Plus much more!