Using a problem-based approach, Tietz's Applied Laboratory Medicine, Second Edition presents interesting cases to illustrate the current use and interpretation of the most commonly available clinical laboratory tests. The cases present detailed descriptions of the symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment of disease. The book begins with an up-to-date general discussion of selection and use of laboratory diagnostic and prognostic tests. Cases are then grouped by category, including cardiovascular, pulmonary, renal, liver, gastrointestinal, endocrine, gynaecologic & obstetrical, haematological, CNS, lipid, congenital, toxicological, infectious, and autoimmune diseases.
Tietz's Applied Laboratory Medicine, Second Edition:
- Presents over 100 cases organised by disease group
- Reflects latest treatment and risk factor guidelines, testing algorithms and recommendations
- Newly covers coagulopathies, infectious diseases, and autoimmune diseases
- Provides excellent coverage of relevant pathophysiology and biochemistry, and includes cases in molecular diagnostics
- Discusses legal implications
This book is an invaluable resource for all clinical chemists, clinical lab technologists, pathologists, and allied health professionals. It is also of interest for general practitioners, residents, medical students, and educators.