The definitive design and construction industry source for building with woodnow in a thoroughly updated Sixth Edition
Since its first publication in 1966, Timber Construction Manual has become the essential design and construction industry resource for building with structural glued laminated timber. Timber Construction Manual, Sixth Edition provides architects, engineers, contractors, educators, and related professionals with up-to-date information on engineered timber construction, including the latest codes, construction methods, and authoritative design recommendations. Content has been reorganized to flow easily from information on wood properties and applications to specific design considerations.
Based on the most reliable technical data available, this edition has been thoroughly revised to encompass:
- A thorough update of all recommended design criteria for timber structural members, systems, and connections
- An expanded collection of real-world design examples supported with detailed schematic drawings
- New material on the role of glulam in sustainable building practices
- The latest design and construction codes, including the 2012 National Design Specification for Wood Construction, AITC 117-2010, and examples featuring ASCE 7-10 and IBC 2009
- More cross-referencing to other available AITC standards on the AITC website