In the current economy, companies are expected to turn on a dime in response to changing market needs to stay vibrant. What that means is that companies are constantly reorganizing-. Employees are living in a constant state of change .This dynamic in the workplace has affected worker satisfaction, morale, and burnout. This is the first treatment manual to focus on treating job related issues whether its conflict in the workplace, stress, burnout, performance, and more. Divided into two parts, part one of the book sets the stage with a discussion of the economic climate and how it impacts businesses, how business reacts to it, and how the new business climate affects employees. Part Two of the book lays out the most current research on effectively treating work related client issues. Individual, group, and organizational interventions are included, along with case examples, and practical treatment exercises, checklists, and outlines for treatment.
- Summarizes how the changing workplace impacts workers.
- Covers effective ways of treating and preventing worker problems
- Includes case examples of treating common workplace, depression, accidents, substance abuse, violence, stress, illness, conflict, and performance.
- Discusses individual, group, and organizational interventions
- Provides online exercises, checklists, evaluation formats, and outlines for treatment
- Integrates issues of diversity including race, ethnicity, age, and gender.