Whether you have been living with type 1 diabetes for some time, or you have just discovered that your child is diabetic, there’s a lot you need to know about the new developments in treating, controlling, and living with this disease. Type 1 Diabetes For Dummies, explains everything you need to know and do to make living with type 1 diabetes easier and healthier.
This reassuring, plain-English guide helps you understand and mange the disease with tips on working with your doctor, administering insulin, developing a diet an exercise plan, and coping with illness and travel. You’ll find out about the latest technologies of blood glucose monitoring and insulin delivery, and get a handle on everything you need to do to keep yourself or your child healthy, active, and feeling good. Discover how to:
- Overcome short-term complications
- Eat a diabetes-friendly diet
- Use exercise to help control type 1 diabetes
- Handle school, work, and other activities
- Help your child maintain a high quality of life
- Prevent long-term complications
- Be healthier than your friends who don’t have diabetes
- Deal with the emotional and psychological effects of the disease
- Choose an insulin pump for yourself or your child
- Calculate insulin dosages
Anyone can live a long, healthy, and productive life with type 1 diabetes. Small Type 1 Diabetes For Dummies delivers every drop of information you need to make sure that you or your child can do just that.