Being in a leadership role and being part of something bigger than oneself brings great satisfaction-but how do you get there? How do you make your way into the positions that will allow you to lead change, manage a business, head up a project, and get into a position where you can bring your skills and talent to help a company succeed and at the same time bring personal satisfaction to yourself?
In Understanding the Secrets to Career Advancement, author and human resource expert David DiMartile gives young professionals insight into what senior leaders are looking for when considering people for promotional opportunities. Filled with a host of self-help tips, DiMartile shows you how to:
- know the difference between a job and a career and use that to your advantage;
- define success in a career;
- • understand the role of the individual contributor,
- the manager, and the executive and their success competencies;
- be on your best behavior to keep your job and move up the ladder;
- • manage your career.
Providing a how-to guide, Understanding the Secrets to Career Advancement helps you identify your best career path and then manage that career to ensure success.