No matter what your post in an organization, Unwrapping the CIO: Demystifying the Chief Information Officer Position will bring new understanding to this often misunderstood appointment. Author Wayne L. Anderson deftly explains this position in relation to other positions within the corporate workplace. Unwrapping the CIO is for:
- CIOs who need to understand the job in which they have been placed
- CEOs who need to better understand the position, challenges, and skill requirements of one of the key areas affecting an organization
- CFOs who need to understand the position that consumes a great deal of the company's financial assets
- IT professionals who need to understand why CIOs make some of the decisions they make
- Anyone who interacts with CIOs on a regular basis who needs to better understand their actions and behaviors
You may have heard that an appointment to the position of CIO means that your career is over, but that is not necessarily the case. It could be a test of your character, but at the very least, this opportunity may provide some insight into your character. With Anderson's realistic advice, you too can become an outstanding CIO.