Website Optimization: An Hour a Day
Publication date: April 2012
Digital Book format: ePub (Adobe DRM)
Step-by-step instructions for executing a website testing and optimization plan
Website optimization is can be an overwhelming endeavor due to the fact that it encompasses so many strategic and technical issues. However, this hands-on, task-based book demystifies this potentially intimidating topic by offering smart, practical, and tested instructions for developing, implementing, managing, and tracking website optimization efforts. After you learn how to establish an optimization framework, you then dive into learning how to develop a plan, test appropriately and accurately, interpret the results, and optimize in order to maximize conversion rates and improve profits.
- Zeroes in on fundamentals such as understanding key metrics, choosing analytics tools, researching visitors and their onsite behavior, and crafting a plan for what to test and optimize
- Walks you through testing and optimizing specific web pages including the homepage, entry and exit pages, product and pricing pages, as well as the shopping cart and check-out process
- Guides you through important optimization areas such as optimizing text and images
- Addresses advanced topics including paid search optimization, Facebook fan page optimization, rich media, and more
- Includes a companion website that features expanded examples, additional resources, tool reviews, and other related information
Full of interesting case studies and helpful examples drawn from the author's own experience, Website Optimization: An Hour a Day is the complete solution for anyone who wants to get the best possible results from their web page.