Wireless home networks are better than ever! The emergence of new industry standards has made them easier, more convenient, less expensive to own and operate. Still, you need to know what to look for (and look out for), and the expert guidance you’ll find in Wireless Home Networks For Dummies, 3rd Edition helps you ensure that your wire-free life is also a hassle-free life!
This user-friendly, plain-English guide delivers all of the tips, tricks, and knowledge you need to plan your wireless home network, evaluate and select the equipment that will work best for you, install and configure your wireless network, and much more. You’ll find out how to share your Internet connection over your network, as well as files, printers, and other peripherals. And, you’ll learn how to avoid the “gotchas” that can creep in when you least expect them. Discover how to:
- Choose the right networking equipment
- Install and configure your wireless network
- Integrate Bluetooth into your network
- Work with servers, gateways, routers, and switches
- Connect audiovisual equipment to your wireless network
- Play wireless, multiuser computer games
- Establish and maintain your network’s security
- Troubleshoot networking problems
- Improve network performance
- Understand 802.11n
Whether you’re working with Windows PCs, Mac OS X machines, or both Wireless Home Networking For Dummies, 3rd Edition, makes it fast and easy to get your wireless network up and running—and keep it that way!