The bestselling guide to WordPress, fully updated to help you get your blog going!
Millions of bloggers rely on WordPress, the popular, free blogging platform. This guide covers all the features and improvements in the most up-to-date version of WordPress. Whether you are switching to WordPress from another blogging platform or just starting your first blog, you'll find the advice in this friendly guide gets you up to speed on both the free-hosted WordPress.com version and WordPress.org, which requires the purchase of web hosting services, and figure out which version is best for you. You'll be able to take full advantage of the flexibility and usability of WordPress.
- WordPress is a state-of-the-art blog platform that emphasizes aesthetics, web standards, and usability
- Previous editions of this guide have sold more than 85,000 copies, and interest in blogging continues to explode
- Illustrates how to set up and maintain a blog with WordPress and how to use all the new features
- Covers both the free-hosted WordPress.com version and WordPress.org, which requires users to purchase web hosting services
- Written by an expert who works directly with developers and the cofounder of WordPress
This guide helps bloggers quickly and easily take advantage of everything this popular blogging tool has to offer.