Frequently Asked Questions
eBook Issues F.A.Q.
Refer to this special FAQ page for questions related to PDF and ePub eBooks, Adobe Digital Editions, and Adobe DRM.
Top 10 FAQ - How to download eBooks
Top 10 Answers
Login to your eBookMall account to download your eBooks.
ACSM files are a normal part of Adobe's eBook downloading process. These .acsm files are not the eBook itself. They are small files that manage the download of your eBook, including the process of associating your Adobe ID with the eBook file.
If you've downloaded an .acsm file, it must be opened in Adobe Digital Editions. Opening the file in that program will allow the eBook downloading process to continue. Please see our Adobe Digital Editions page for full instructions.
No. Amazon has engineered the Kindle in such a way that it will only read eBooks that are purchased at Amazon.com. There are a few exceptions to this, but if you have a Kindle, your best option is to buy Kindle eBooks from Amazon.com. We would love to be able to provide eBooks for Kindle devices and will if it is ever possible.
eBookMall has a separate page dedicated to each supported device. That page includes specific instructions for how to transfer eBooks to that device.
1. Go to our eReading Devices page
2. Find your device in the list, and click its name.
3. Follow the instructions on that page.
This is not possible for a few different reasons:
1. We currently only sell eBooks in PDF and ePub format, so if you're looking for a different format than those, we just don't have it. We've decided to focus on PDF and ePub because they have emerged as industry standards and can be used on the widest range of devices. (We also recognize that the Kindle eBook format is very popular, but that is a closed eBook format that is only sold at Amazon.com.)
2. Many eBooks are only available in one format. The book publisher decides which eBook formats they will work with, and some only choose to offer ePub, for example. In this situation, other formats simply don't exist.
3. If you bought an eBook in the past and now want a different format, we can't exchange it. Different eBook formats are totally separate products, with different ISBN numbers, and are not interchangeable. There is no mechanism for changing an order after it has been created.
We understand that it can be frustrating if you bought an eBook in a format that has become obsolete, but we don't have any control over how the eBook industry evolves over time. We do our best to offer the most up-to-date formats and we attempt to keep your past purchases available for download for as long as possible.
eBookMall applies these rules, set by the book publishers and suppliers of our eBooks, in the same way as any other legal eBook store, big or small.
If you downloaded an Adobe DRM eBook: When you install Adobe Digital Editions, a folder called "My Digital Editions" is created in your My Documents folder (Windows) or Documents folder (Mac). eBooks protected by Adobe DRM automatically save to that folder.
If you downloaded a regular PDF or ePub eBook: The file will be in the save location that you chose. A common download destination is a folder called "Downloads" which is in your Documents folder. If it's not there, just download the eBook again and take note of the save location.
This depends on whether the book publisher has allowed printing. Book publishers decide whether they will allow printing or not, and they either enable or disable the function. Most choose to disable the printing function in order to help protect their copyrights. eBookMall, as a retailer, is not able to modify this setting.
We do not recommend buying an eBook with the sole intention of printing it, since the majority of eBooks are not printable. We can not refund orders after they have been downloaded, so you won't be able to get a refund if you download the eBook and discover it's not printable.
Please contact us and let us know that you are getting this error message, and we will work to resolve it as quickly as possible. It is usually a simple database error that can be corrected.
This is usually caused by authorizing Adobe Digital Editions with the wrong Adobe ID. Please see the full answer to this FAQ on our eBook Issues FAQ page.
1. Go to our eReading Devices page
2. Find your device in the list, and see what's displayed under "Formats supported by this device."
There is a drop-down box near the middle of the product detail page, under the ISBN number. If more than one format is available for the eBook, you can change the format with this drop-down box. If only one format is avaialbe, there will not be any other choices shown in the list.
This depends on the individual eBook. Each book publisher sets "territory rights" on their eBooks. This allows them to choose which countries their eBooks can be purchased from. If your country is not included, instead of the usual yellow "Add to Cart" button, you'll see a red button that says "Not Available in This Country."
US dollars. You can use Google's currency converter if you would like to know the amount in another currency.
Our eBook Club is currently offline while we transition it to our new website. It will be back soon with more content than ever!
We have detailed information on how to order and download eBooks on our How To Buy eBooks page.
Please see our Publishing Services page for an outline of our service and information on how to get started.
eBookMall currently sells PDF and ePub eBooks.
Just let us know that you're interested in selling eBooks at eBookMall and we'll send you all of the details. Please see our Publishing Services page for an outline of our service and information on how to get started.
Top 10 eBooks eBookMall.com
- The Ultimate Food Allergy Cookbook and Survival Guide: How to Cook with Ease for Food Allergies and Recover Good Health
- How Music REALLY Works!: The Essential Handbook for Songwriters, Performers, and Music Students
- Out of the Devils Cauldron
- "They Say / I Say": The Moves That Matter in Academic Writing (Third Edition)
- The Worldly Philosophers
- The Real World (Fourth Edition)
- Systematic Sequential Phonics They Use, Grades 1 - 5: For Beginning Readers of All Ages
- Tri Mates
- The 4400: Welcome to Promise City