Religion: Christianity - History - General eBooks
The history of Christianity starts in the mid-1st century, when it began as a Jewish sect in the eastern Mediterranean. Christians faced persecution by some Jewish authorities until the 4th century. In the middle ages the Christian church entered into a long period of missionary activity and expansion. The 15th-century Renaissance brought about a renewed interest in ancient and classical learning. In 1517 Martin Luther protested against the sale of indulgences and soon moved on to deny several key points of Roman Catholic doctrine. This and other challenges developed into the movement called Protestantism. After the discovery of America by Christopher Columbus, Christianity spread to the Americas, Oceania, East Asia, and sub-Saharan Africa. Learn much more about the history of Christianity in our eBooks.
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 Religion
- Muscle and a Shovel
- Prayers That Avail Much 25th Anniversary Commemorative Edition
- Desperate for Jesus: Overcome the Obstacles to Find True Life
- The Iconic Imagination
- Jou identiteit in Christus (eBoek): 100 Waarhede wat jou lewe kan verander
- Odin's Chosen: A Handbook of Asatru
- God-Breathed: The Undeniable Power and Reliability of Scripture
- Not As Bad As The Truth: The Musings and Memoirs of David Pawson
- Don't Limit God: Imagine Yourself Successful
- The Grave Robber Participant's Guide: How Jesus Can Make Your Impossible Possible