Science: Life Sciences - Botany eBooks
Botany, plant science(s), or plant biology is a branch of biology that involves the scientific study of plant life. Traditionally, botany also included the study of fungi, algae and viruses. Botany covers a wide range of scientific disciplines including structure, growth, reproduction, metabolism, development, diseases, chemical properties, and evolutionary relationships among taxonomic groups. Botany began with early human efforts to identify edible, medicinal and poisonous plants, making it one of the oldest branches of science. Today botanists study over 550,000 species of living organisms.
The term "botany" comes from Greek βοτάνη (meaning pasture, grass, or fodder), perhaps via the idea of a livestock keeper needing to know which plants are safe for livestock to eat.
Use our eBook search to find a specific book or author.
Top 10 eBooks eBookMall.com
- Shattered: Inside Hillary Clinton's Doomed Campaign
- Career Mapping
- "They Say / I Say": The Moves That Matter in Academic Writing (Third Edition)
- The Ultimate Food Allergy Cookbook and Survival Guide: How to Cook with Ease for Food Allergies and Recover Good Health
- 2017 / 2018 ASVAB For Dummies
- Instructional Guide for The ArcGIS Book
- The Pocket Guide to the DSM-5® Diagnostic Exam
- Muscle and a Shovel
- Secrets About Growth Hormone To Build Muscle Mass, Increase Bone Density, And Burn Body Fat!
- Prayers That Avail Much 25th Anniversary Commemorative Edition