Put on your grubbies, get out your tools, and get ready to tackle home repairs and improvements with the goof-proof instructions in this guide that combines the best of nine For Dummies home improvement books in one comprehensive volume. Whether you’re an accomplished do-it-yourselfer or a novice, the easy-to-follow instructions, complete with photos and illustrations, will guide you through:
- Basic home maintenance and improvement projects from the foundation to the roof, including windows, doors, and electrical repairs and replacements
- Painting and wallpapering
- Bathroom and kitchen remodeling, including installing cabinets, countertops, fixtures, and appliances
- Carpentry, woodworking and flooring
- Plumbing, including unclogging fixtures and fixing leaky faucets
Want to spruce up bedroom? Spiff up the kitchen? Shore up the porch? Build stairs? Replace creaky doors and drafty windows? Make the most of your space? Inside or out, major renovation or minor repair, the how-to is all right here. Think about it—if you do just one project yourself instead of calling a plumber, electrician, painter, handyman, or other service person, you’ve saved far more than the cost of this book! And you’ll have it on hand to guide you through the next project!