Are you concerned about your pension? In today’s tumultuous business environment, you have every right to be. With revised pension laws and under-the-table pension cuts by companies making waves, you have to be ever vigilant about protecting what you have.
Protecting Your Pension For Dummies helps you do just that. This easy-to-follow guide explains all the latest pension laws, what your rights are, and the best ways to keep your money safe. It demystifies the various types of pension plans and outlines just what it takes to qualify for a pension. Once your plan is set up, you’ll see how to navigate company bankruptcies, mergers, and pension cutbacks, as well as divorces, loans, and personal bankruptcy—and take action if you’ve been shortchanged to recoup what is rightfully yours. You get all the expert guidance you need to:
- Understand the Pension Protection Act of 2006
- Evaluate different pension plans
- Plan for retirement while you’re working
- Ensure that you get your pension
- Request essential plan documents
- Understand eligibility, accrual, and vesting
- Guard your pension from your employer—and from life’s ups and downs
- Understand pension distributions
- And much more
Complete with a glossary of terms and an appendix of charts and forms discussed throughout the book, Protecting Your Pension For Dummies is the fun and easy way® to grasp all the important pension rules—and retire with a full nest egg!